Trojan Classic Motorcycles
What information do we collect?
We may collect:
- your name and contact details;
- general information relating to your vehicle such as make, model, year and specifications;
- information you provide while making a purchase on our website; and
- data regarding how you use our website and engage with our marketing material.
We collect information regarding your vehicle to assist in providing fitment and compatibility information to ensure the product is right for your vehicle, to the best of our ability. We generally only collect 'personal information' (which is information that can be used to identify you) when we reasonably need to as part of the ordinary functions of our business.
How do we collect it?
As you may expect, we collect information directly from you. For example, we may record your contact details when you register a user account, purchase an item, or when you subscribe to receive emails from us.
Why do we collect it?
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to better understand your needs so that we can improve our website and provide you with the most relevant information;
- to facilitate product purchases;
- so we can respond to any requests you may have;
- so that we can let you know about information, reviews and products we consider may interest to you (if you have subscribed to our newsletters);
- hosting and maintaining the website; and
- maintaining prudent business records and practices.
We use third party gateways, such as PayPal, Afterpay and eWay, to process payments for purchases made on our website. We will not access, collect or store your credit card or payment details.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose we collect it.
When will we disclose your personal information?
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than:
- as required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose you have specifically consented to.
Subscribing to our newsletters
By subscribing to receive our newsletters, you consent to receiving emails from us containing updates and offers. You can opt out at any time by using the 'unsubscribe' function included in the emails.
Storage and security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by ensuring we have appropriate security measures in place, such as maintaining secure network systems and keeping any paper-based records in a secure location.
When we no longer require your personal information, we will destroy it.
Links on our website
If you have any concerns about how we collect or handle personal information please contact us and we will investigate and respond.